Today, as I look ahead to the New Year, I’m also celebrating another big milestone.
Today, I turn 30.
And while I’m definitely feeling a wee bit old, I’m also feeling tremendously thankful. For the health and energy to pursue my dreams. For long-time faithful friends and a family I adore. For the privilege of serving in a church community where people are making life-transforming decisions to follow Jesus every week.
I’m thankful for cherished dreams coming true (I love you, Remmington), like marriage, starting my dream business, living overseas for almost 3 years, and traveling to over 25 countries doing missions work.
Even in this last year in my business alone, I’m thankful for tremendous growth and opportunities.
In 2017, I…
- Edited 450,000 words (give or take)
- Helped 50 clients, and countless others, find breakthrough in their writing craft and career
- Launched an active Facebook group community with almost 50 amazing women
- Broke 2,500 Twitter followers
- Got to see many of my clients’ books go into print
- Was a top-three finalist for the AWSA Fiction Editor of the Year award and Merit Award winner
- Saw a editing client’s novel be a top-three finalist for the Realm Awards science-fiction Book of the Year award
- Hired a business coach
- More than doubled my sales from last year
I’ve worked really hard and God’s really blessed me, but that’s nothing to sneeze at, that’s for sure!
I’ve learned a few things in the last 30 years, too. I’ve learned to take Jesus more seriously and myself WAAAAYYY less seriously! I’ve learned that tough times don’t last forever, but the memories of God’s faithfulness sure do. I’ve learned that there’s just no pleasing some people, so I might as well live authentically and focus on being the best person God made me to be.
I’ve learned to look at others less, and focus on who I am more. I’ve learned the importance of feeding my soul and taking care of myself, so I can effectively serve others. I’ve learned it’s okay (and necessary!) to say no to a good thing to make room for something better, and that when you see one dream come true, you can always dream a new dream that’s even bigger and more amazing.
So here’s to bigger dreams, bigger wins, more cherished memories with incredible people, and more days of walking step-by-step with Jesus.
Here’s to an even better 2018, and to my next 30 years!
Special thanks to my fabulous photographer, Gina Dreher.